|Synonyms||Teodora, Theodore, Fedora|
|Diminutive||Thea, Dora, Dorine, Dorean, Theda|
The name Theodora is of Greek origin. It is formed from two semantic roots “god/deity” and “gift”, therefore the name can have different interpretations – “divine gift”, “gift of God”, “given by God”, “God’s gift”.
The names of Theodotus, Dositheus, Theodosius, Dorotheus emerged from similar roots. The names of Natanaele, Theophany (Tiffany) have close meaning. Thea and Dora diminutive forms are also independent names.
The owner of the name Theodora is a very independent woman. She prefers pressure rather than flexibility and cunning. It is difficult for her to stand in place, life in motion is her prerogative. Her need for adventure is very high, and thanks to this she has learned to adapt quickly.
Theodora is not devoid of initiative and a sense of responsibility. Her ability to communicate easily emphasizes her sociability, the ability to show sympathy or inspire others to take action. She is full of enthusiasm, which emphasizes the active character of this girl.
The disadvantages of Theodora can be the carelessness with which she refers to what she does, without giving completeness and full consideration to her actions. She can easily give up what was so dear to her yesterday. But this aspect does not apply to Theodora’s personal relationships. Family and friends are her support and strength. She will never betray them.
The owner of this name has a well-developed intuition. People around her often perceive her as a child, sympathize with her, not taking her ideas and desires seriously. Such an attitude of others leads to the erratic and unstable behavior of Theodora, which becomes noticeable already in childhood. Her desire to play sports is not taken seriously, her desire to learn something is perceived as a temporary hobby. This distrust of others makes the girl protest in the way that is possible for her - disobedience. It is very important to preserve the independence of a little girl, teach her to make choices, help her understand this complex world of adults.
To a greater extent, Theodora is a humanist, she likes to make herself useful and even devote herself to others. She likes to participate in various group performances, flash mobs, and take part in conferences.
In personal relationships, Theodora shows sensuality, she can fall in love at first sight. Fidelity is one of the most important qualities that she will appreciate in her chosen one. Looking for her half, she is ready to go very far, there are no boundaries for her.
By her vocation, Theodora is an active person, and she will choose a profession that is useful for society. She can become both a social worker, a doctor, a lawyer or a photographer. Mobility, sociability, ability to find non-standard solutions will help Theodora in advertising, journalism, business.
Famous people named Theodora
- Theodora Richards (born in 1985) – an American model.
- Theodora Miranne – a British actress.
- Theodora Goss (born in 1968) – an American writer of Hungarian descent. Her works often cross genre boundaries and mix different genres, especially fairy tales, fantasy and Gothic.
- Theodore Taylor (1921 - 2006) – an American author.
- Fedora Barbieri (1920 - 2003) – an Italian opera singer (mezzo-soprano). She was one of the greatest singers of her time, and famous for her performance of the Verdi repertoire. She performed at La Scala, Metropolitan Opera, Covent Garden, toured a lot.
- Teodora Poštič (born in 1984) – a Slovenian single skater, five-time champion of Slovenia.
- Andrea (born in 1987, the real name is Teodora Rumenova Andreeva) – a Bulgarian singer (pop-folk, electronic and pop music).
- Theodora Kroeber (1897 - 1979, the real name is Theodora Covel Kracaw Kroeber Quinn) – an American anthropologist, archaeologist and writer, researcher of Indian culture. Wife of Alfred Kroeber, mother of Ursula Le Guin.
- Theodora Cormontan (1840 - 1922) – a Norwegian composer, pianist and music publisher who emigrated to the United States. She was the first woman to lead a Norwegian music publishing company.
More woman names ☞