|Synonyms||Tiffanie, Tiffani, Tifanie, Tiphanie|
|Diminutive||Tiff, Tiffy, Thea, Tea, Nanie, Nany, Thifa|
The name Tiffany is the English version of the female name Theophania (Epiphany) that comes from the ancient Greek name Theophanes (Θεοφάνης), which has two semantic roots: “theos” (θεός) - “god/deity” and “phanis” (φαίνω) - “shine”, “appear”, “show”. There was the religious holiday in ancient Greece (in Delphi) named The Epiphany. Therefore, the name Tiffany is interpreted as “the epiphany”.
There are other related female names that appeared from the same semantic root (Theodora, Theone, Dorothea, Theodosia, Thekla). The related male names are Theodore, Fedot and Timothy.
The affectionate appeal to Theophany - Thea - is also an independent name.
The owner of the name Tiffany is a mixture of opposing characters that can turn Tiffany into a “double” woman, who sometimes can suddenly switch from one style to another. This duality accompanies the girl throughout her life.
Tiffany is very independent, courageous and decisive. Her activity and authoritarianism in decision-making can lead her to unexpected events in life. But under a pomp of independence and self-sufficiency a very vulnerable woman is hidden. Tiffany can mask her vulnerability by arrogance, pride, egocentricity and external hardness. She will always take care of herself however you can expect a support and participation from her if you are really need it.
All this confusion and mixture of egocentrism and altruism, at first glance, turns the owner of this name in people eyes into a closed and aggressive lady. Her generosity and sincere concern for others are not obvious since Tiffany does not notify the whole world about her good deeds. Her kindness and open heart are only for those who really need it.
As a child, little Tiffany loves games in the company, prefers to run, jump, and not sit in the sandbox. Even the smallest adventure fascinates her, and the difficulties that appear on the way allow her to develop the independence and the ability to find solutions.
In a personal relationship, Tiffany prefers to be honest, direct and frank. Her devotion and love will be in everything that surrounds her chosen one. But she will be very vigilant and distrust, she will feel the deception immediately.
The owner of the name Tiffany will prefer the profession that will help to strengthen her financial position and will provide an opportunity to realize herself. A creative atmosphere will help her to satisfy all her needs (actress, singer, artist, designer). The desire to be useful will help her master the professions related to communication and helping people (medicine, education, law).
Famous people named Tiffany
- Tiffany Haddish (born in 1979) – an American actress, comedian and writer.
- Tiffany Young (born in 1989, the real name is Stephanie Young Hwang) – an American singer and actress based in South Korea. He is one of the main vocalists of the “Girls’ Generation” (girl group), which debuted under the direction of “S.M. Entertainment” in 2007. In 2016 she debuted as a solo artist with the mini-album “I Just Wanna Dance”.
- Tiffany Pollard (born in 1982) – an American actress and television star. Her popularity was brought to her by participating in the reality show VH1 “Flavor of Love” (2006-2007) and “I Love New York” (2007-2008).
- Tiffany (born in 1971, the real name is Tiffany Renee Darwish) – an American singer and teen idol of the late 1980s.
- Tiffanie Anderson (born in 1988) – an American singer and dancer, also visual artist.
- Tiffanie DeBartolo (born in 1970) – an American writer, also filmmaker.
- Tiffany Lee (born in 1975, the real name is Tiffany Arbuckle) – an American singer, stage name - Plumb. In her songs combines several different musical genres.
- Tiff Lacey (born in 1965, the real name is Tiffany Lacey) – an English singer.
- Tiffany Trump (born in 1993) – an American model, socialite, aspiring sociologist and singer, daughter of the President of the United States.
- Tiffany Hines (born in 1985) – an American actress.
- Blu Cantrell (born in 1976, the real name is Tiffany Cobb) – an American singer (R&B, soul), songwriter.
More woman names ☞