|Synonyms||Kristian, Kristen, Carsten, Karsten, Kresten, Christen, Karsten|
|Diminutive||Chris, Krister, Christer, Kris|
The name Christian is of Greek origin and comes from a medieval Latin name Christianus which means “Christian”. Other forms of this name include Christen and Kristján. The stress in the name can fall either on the first or on the last syllable. Related name is Christopher.
Danish kings and princes, Saxony governors, and many other aristocrats had this name. The female form of this name is Christina.
Christian finds a passion for life in his early years – that’s his love of technology. As the years go by, he may become a very successful scientist, technician, or engineer. Of course, among people with this name there are a lot of representatives of the humanities, working in the field of art, education, or science. However, they remain interested in technology, only now it becomes just a hobby.
Christian is capable of abstract thinking. He has a great memory and a great power of intuition. Christian is also a gifted peacemaker. He can bring peace into the most stressful situation. This man is always imperturbable and calm. In any situation he shows tolerance to any person, even the one whose actions are totally unacceptable in the context of his moral principles. Christian can accept and forgive everything or almost everything.
Talking to Christian is a great pleasure. He can keep up an easy and interesting conversation showing himself as an observant psychologist. Even if you talk to him for just a minute, you can see his inherent intelligence and tact. A man with this name is appreciated for his ability to bring people their lost inward peace and to be a shoulder to cry on.
A Christian born in winter is very stubborn and resistant to pressure. He wants absolute clarity in any affair. If this man is born in autumn, he will probably be incredibly self-controlled. He doesn’t want to make his life complicated and won’t argue about other people’s opinions, although he always has an opinion of his own on any matter.
At the same time, a man with this name is really delicate. He won’t interfere with anyone’s personal life unless it’s really necessary. Christian can control himself in any situation and remain calm and clear-thinking even in the most hopeless situation. And he easily makes people around him feel the same.
Christian is not shy in his relationships with women, he acts bravely and usually gets what he wants. This man’s marriage tends to be happy.
Famous people named Christian
- Christian Dior (1905 - 1957) – a French fashion designer, founder of the Christian Dior fashion house.
- Christian Bale (born in 1974) – a British-American actor.
- Christian Louboutin (born in 1963) – a French shoe designer. The distinguishing mark of the designer’s shoe is the red sole of the shoe, in models of shoes uses exotic leathers, Swarovski rhinestones, handmade lace.
- Christian Lacroix (born in 1951) – a French fashion designer, founder of the high fashion house Christian Lacroix (1987, worked there until 2009).
- Christian Drosten (born in 1972) – a German virologist specializing in coronaviruses and heads the Institute of Virology of the Berlin Charite. Since 2005 he has been a holder of the German Order of the Cavalier Cross.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (born in 1985, the real name is Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro) – a Portuguese footballer. He plays for the Portuguese national team, in which he has been its captain since 2008. He is the top scorer of European tournaments of all time and a record seven times became the top scorer of the UEFA Champions League, six of which are in a row.
- Cristian Chivu (born in 1980) – a Romanian football player who completed his playing career, played as a defender. He is known for playing for Ajax, Roma and Inter. Former player of the national team of Romania.
- Cristiano Zanetti (born in 1977) – an Italian footballer, midfielder. "Brescia" is a last club for him.
- Cristian Garin (born in 1996, the real name is Cristian Ignacio Garin Medone) – a Chilean tennis player; winner of four ATP tournaments in singles; winner of one junior Grand Slam tournament in singles (French Open 2013); winner of the Orange Bowl doubles tournament (2012); finalist of one junior Grand Slam Tournament Doubles (French Open 2013); Former Fourth World Racket in Junior Ranking.
More man names ☞