|Synonyms||Simonne, Simona, Cymone|
The name Simone is derived from the Hebrew name Simon (Shimon) that is an analogue of the name Simeon. It means “listening”, “heard by God”. The name is not mentioned in the Catholic and Orthodox calendars, but it is actively used among Christians.
The owner of the name Simone is a very energetic and incredibly sociable girl. She seeks to prove herself as a very unusual girl. For everyone she gives the impression of a confident and strong woman, however, she isn’t very confident in herself and she compensates her vulnerability by ease of expression, activity, enthusiasm and cheerfulness.
Simone is a wonderful actress, she knows how to convince. She can charm and attract the attention of others. She is optimistic, rarely sad. Her curiosity extends to everything that exists. Simone may be interested in a hundred subjects at once, but details do not engage her much.
This is a smart and creative girl who will always find a way out in various situations, but it may not be optimal each time. Her personal life and professional career are strongly influenced by her emotions and established relationships with certain people.
As a child Simone is a very mobile girl who loves any activity. A sharp mind allows her to learn quickly and never get bored so Simone will find something to do for sure. If she is not sure that something makes sense, she will fill her time with entertainment. She will do well in such activities as dancing, drawing, and foreign languages, but in all areas she needs an additional support and encouragement for the girl to achieve a significant success.
The owner of the name Simone is a creative person who always looks for the company of others who knows how to make friends and values friendship very much. She is an attentive listener and many people appreciate that. This girl can be torn between the desire to become noticeable, successful and, at the same time, not to break away from everyone, to be like everyone else. The same type of conflict is possible when Simone has to choose what is more important for her – a professional career or dedication to her family.
With such a mobile character, she will probably choose a career with a preference for sales or marketing. Therefore, Simone may be interested in professions related to communication (commercial representation, journalism, public relations, teaching or lecturing at a University), as well as a presenter, singer, actress. Independence will be an important factor to choosing the profession.
Famous people named Simone
- Simone de Beauvoir (1908 - 1986) – a French writer, a representative of existential philosophy, an ideologist of the feminist movement. She received higher education in Paris, where she studied at the Higher Normal School (1928-1929) and at the University of Paris (1926-1929). For a long time she was in an open relationship with Sartre (both of them were against marriage). Their relationship was filled with intense creative interaction.
- Simone Rocha (born in 1986) – an Irish international clothing designer who is the daughter of fashion designer John Roach and studied at the National College of Art and Design in Dublin and at Central St. Martins in London. She released her alumni collection in 2010 at Tate Modern and London Fashion Week. In 2014, she received the title “Young Designer of the Year” according to Harper’s Bazaar magazine, as well as a women’s clothing designer at the 2016 British Fashion Awards.
- Simone Biles (born in 1997) – an American gymnast, four-time Olympic champion in 2016, a 19-time world champion (a record in the history of tournaments), including a 5-time in the absolute championship (2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019). In terms of the total number of awards from the Olympic Games and World Championships (30) it ranks second in the history of gymnastics, second only to Larisa Latynina.
- Simone Simons (born in 1985) – a Dutch singer (soprano), lead singer in the symphonic metal band “Epica”.
- Simone Missick (born in 1982) – an American actress who is best known for playing Misty Knight on the Netflix television series “Marvel’s Luke Cage”, “Marvel’s The Defenders” and “Marvel’s Iron Fist”, as well as the role of Judge Lola Carmichael in the television series “All Rise”.
- Simone Giertz (born in 1990) – a Swedish inventor, blogger, television and YouTube personality. She previously worked in sports journalism in the field of mixed martial arts, and also as editor of the official Sweden.se.
- Simone Kermes (born in 1965) – a German opera singer (coloratura soprano), according to press estimates - “Queen of the Baroque” (and even “Crazy Queen of the Baroque”).
- Simone Weil (1909 - 1943) – a French religious thinker and philosopher.
- Simona Amanar (born in 1979) – a Romanian gymnast, three-time winner of Olympic awards, multiple world and European champion.
- Simona de Silvestro (born in 1988) – a Swiss race car driver. She is the bronze medalist of the Atlantic Championship in 2009.
- Simona Halep (born in 1991) – a Romanian professional tennis player. She won twice in the Grand Slam tournaments and was repeatedly his finalist - singles.
- Simona Orinska (born in 1978) – a Latvian dancer, poet, director and choreographer of many art projects.
- Simona Richter (born in 1972) – a Romanian judoka. She was awarded with bronze at the 2000 Olympics, repeated medalist of the European Championships.
- Simona Rinieri (born in 1977) – an Italian volleyball player.
- Simona Ventura (born in 1965) – an Italian TV presenter, actress and singer.
More woman names ☞