|Diminutive||Jem, Jemmy, Jere, Jerry, Jez, Jezza|
The name Jeremiah is a variation of the old Hebrew name meaning “God will raise”. In the Bible Jeremiah is one of the four major prophets of the Old Testament.
Jeremiah is very reasonable and patient. He knows how to persuade people. On the outside he may seem boring. At the same time, a man with this name is never influenced by public opinion, he is objective and can be vindictive. Jeremiah can be too self-confident on a number of points. There is a storm of feelings hiding under calm appearance.
He has great intuition, good reaction, and high capacity for hard work. When expressing his emotions, Jeremiah can draw concern among his colleagues because of his activity and aggressiveness. As for his work, he’s good at implementing long-term projects. He knows how to manipulate people, which is really helpful in his life. Nobody ranks above this man’s intellectual abilities. He enjoys learning new things. Such people become great politicians, intelligence officers, policemen, and missionaries. They strive for moral freedom and deny any moral standards.
A man with this name has a lot of problems in his family life. He can’t wait and he doesn’t want to. The main life value for Jeremiah is his family and close friends. He is a good father and a loyal friend.
Jeremiah seeks stability in life, he values traditions and always shows himself as a calm and sensible man. He will never put here-and-now profit ahead of his reputation. Jeremiah takes the liberal way of solving problems. He doesn’t employ radical measures to achieve his goals. Jeremiah doesn’t stand out as a leader among his colleagues. He’s a diligent and able employee.
Some people with this name can be self-satisfied and arrogant with others. But on the whole, Jeremiah is very sociable, and he loves communicating. In order to win his respect, you have to always demonstrate resistance.
Jeremiah’s soft and romantic soul hides from the outside world under the guise of practicality. He constantly needs to express himself and exchange ideas with people of the same mind. He’s peaceful and sensitive to all outward factors.
Depending on the situation, he can be talkative and settle any question as an intermediary. This man is rarely deceived by the outward appearance and he’s capable of seeing the true nature of things.
He has a strong sense of self-worth. Jeremiah always wins love and respect of the people around him. Jeremiah is willing to help in hour of need and offers care and support if necessary. Sometimes he can be shy. But at the same time his predatory nature gets the upper hand.
Famous people named Jeremiah
- Jeremiah Brent (born in 1984) – an American interior designer and TV presenter. In 2011, Brent founded his own full-service interior design company “Jeremiah Brent Design” (JBD), located in Los Angeles and New York.
- Jeremiah Johnson (born in 1987) – an American footballer who is currently a free agent.
- Jeremiah Denton (1924 - 2014) – an American politician. Previously was Rear Admiral of the US Navy.
- Jeremiah Fraites (born in 1986) – an American musician, composer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. He is co-founder of “The Lumineers” and songwriter for the band.
- Jeremiah Wright (born in 1941) – a Honorary Pastor of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, whom he led for 36 years, during which the number of its members increased to 8,000 parishioners.
- Jeremiah Horrocks (1618 - 1641) – an English astronomer who predicted and observed the passage of Venus through the disk of the Sun in 1639.
- Jeremy Gaige (1927 - 2011) – an American chess historian and archivist; author of several authoritative reference books. In the tournaments directory (1984) he cited data on 10 thousand 626 different competitions. He published tournament tables for 1851-1930. Gage's work “Chess Personalia - A Biobibliography” (1987) is considered a classic; contains about 14 thousand reference articles about chess players and chess composers from different countries, figures of national and international chess movement, indicates the main sources of their biographical information.
- Jeremy Northam (born in 1961) – an English actor. He plays roles in film, theater and television.
- Jeremy Thomas (born in 1949) – a British producer, founder of the movie company Recorded Picture Company, worked with many world-famous film stars, such as Nagisa Oshima, David Cronenberg, Terry Gilliam, Wim Wenders and others. He participated in the creation of several paintings by the Italian director Bernardo Bertolucci, including the historical drama “The Last Emperor” (1987), which won an “Oscar” in the Best Film category. In 2006, he received the European Film Academy award for his outstanding contribution to world cinema.
- Jeremy Allison (born in 1962) – an English programmer, one of the leaders of the free community and the Samba project.
- Jeremy Irons (born in 1948) – an English actor. He is a winner of the Academy Award for Best Actor (1990) and several other prestigious awards.
- Jeremy Sisto (born in 1974) – an American actor, best known for his roles in the television series "Six Feet Under" and "Law & Order".
- Jeremy Renner (born in 1971) – an American actor and singer. Received acclaim for performing in Broadway musicals.
- Jeremy Brockie (born in 1987) – a New Zealand footballer attacking midfielder.
- Jeremy Davis (born in 1985) – an American bass player for rock-band “Paramore”.
- Jeremy Nicholas (born in 1947) – an English actor, radio host, music critic, composer and poet.
- Jeremy Clarkson (born in 1960) – an English TV presenter and automotive journalist. He is widely known as the host of the BBC Corporation's “Top Gear” television show, winning the “Emmy” Award in 2005. Author of weekly “The Sunday Times” and “The Sun” newspapers. Together with James May he was the first to reach Earth’s magnetic North Pole by car.
- Jeremy Wotherspoon (born in 1976) – a Canadian speed skater, silver medalist of the 1998 Olympic Games at the distance of 500 m, 4-time world champion in sprint all-around and 13-time world champion in individual distances.
- Jeremy Wade (born in 1956) – an English fisherman, extreme biologist and presenter of the program “River Monsters” on the TV channel “Animal Planet”.
- Jeremy Teela (born in 1976) – an American biathlete.
More man names ☞