|Diminutive||Jay, Jem, Jemmy, Jim, Jimi, Jimmie, Jimmy, Jae|
James is a form of the Hebrew name Jacob meaning “coming on heels”. In the Bible, Jacob had a twin brother Esau, and he was holding his elder brother’s heel when he was born. For all Abrahamic religions, including Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, Jacob is a great saint.
This name has different forms in different countries. It may sound as Jacques in French, Giacomo in Italian, Jaime in Portuguese, or Yakov in Russian. Jacob is a very popular form of this name.
In his childhood James can be rather restless. This man is incredibly clever and calculating, although as an adult he has a difficult disposition. As for his character, he is obviously a choleric person. He can also be cunning and persuasive, but you can never persuade him. James trusts only undeniable facts. Even if he believes you are right, you will never know about it.
If James is born in winter, he has rather explosive and unstable mood. As for an autumn James, he is cunning, farsighted, and values money a lot, so he is interested in entrepreneurship or commerce.
If James is born in summer, he can be characterized by cheerfulness, sympathy, and kindness. He can be thrown off balance, although usually he is calm and even-tempered. A spring James is also cheerful and ambitious. He has a great sense of humor and he’s easy to talk to.
James doesn’t follow anyone’s advice when choosing a profession. He makes his own decision. He can quickly get his bearings in any situation and make the right choice. He enjoys professions that require quick reaction in complicated circumstances. As a result, he can become a politician, a pilot, or a sportsman. He wants his job not to be monotonous – that is the most important thing. James is active and easily adapts to any situation. He is also objective and has great power of intuition. Such men are destined to do something significant.
His path on the career ladder is full of ups and downs. James is ready to do anything to achieve what he wants, sometimes even to use other people to his advantage. At the same time, he is a man of principle. Friendship at work is important for him, and he can’t tolerate betrayal or mean behavior. James is dedicated to what he does and he wants other people to be the same.
His family life is unpredictable, and he can cause panic in his close ones because of his strong emotions. He is easy to love as James is a confident, hospitable, and thoughtful man. He values and loves his family a lot, and the only place where he can find rest is his home. This is a highly intelligent man, and he is always interesting to talk to, although his despotism and stubbornness can sometimes complicate communication with him.
Sometimes he’s too much opinionated when communicating with other people, which can run to extremes. James blames them for not living up to his standards of justice. Remember that his opinion is not always the ultimate truth. James has to learn to be reserved and kind and to forgive others for their weaknesses.
Famous people named James
- James Read (born in 1953) – an American actor. Known for her role as George Hazard in the TV mini-series “North and South” and for the role of Victor Bennett in the TV series about the supernatural “Charmed” (2001-2006).
- James Dean (1931 - 1955) – an American actor. Known for his roles in the films “East of Paradise”, “Rebel Without a Cause” and “Giant”. He was posthumously awarded the “Golden Globe” (1956), and was also twice nominated for an “Oscar" (posthumously both times).
- James Charles (born in 1999, the real name is James Charles Dickinson) – an American Internet personality, beauty youtube and makeup artist In 2016. He became the first male ambassador for “CoverGirl”.
- James Brown (1933 - 2006, the real name is James Joseph Brown Jr.) – an American singer, recognized as one of the most influential figures in pop music of the 20th century. “Godfather of soul”, “Mr. Please Please Please”, “Soul Brother No.1" and “Mr. Dynamite”, as he is often referred. For his more than his 50-year career has influenced the development of several music genres, including genres such as gospel, rhythm and blues, and funk.
- James Francis Edward Stuart (1688 - 1766) – or James the Old Pretender and Chevalier de St. George,. He is the only son of James II and Mary of Modena, a contender for the English throne under the name James III and Scottish under the name of James VIII. He and his followers considered him king for almost 64 years - that is, longer than any British monarch really reigned except Elizabeth II who broke this record on May 23, 2016 (Queen Victoria reigned a little less in 1837-1901).
- James Franco (born in 1978) – an American actor. Originally he starred in youth films, and in 2001 for the role of Mark Rydell in the movie "James Dean" received the “Golden Globe”.
- James Blunt (born in 1974, the real name is James Hillier Blount) – a British singer, musician and songwriter.
- James Corden (born in 1978) – an English actor, television presenter, screenwriter and producer, best known for his work on the comedy series “Gavin & Stacey” and the biennial charity event “Sport Relief” dedicated to football and near-football events.
- James McAvoy (born in 1979) – a Scottish actor known for his films “Filth”, “Atonement”, “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”. One of the memorable roles is the role of Professor X in films about X-Men. Winner of various film awards.
- James Cook (1728 - 1779) – an English traveler and marine explorer. He led three expeditions. He became the discoverer of many lands, explored the oceans, carefully mapped all his discoveries. The cards he created were so accurate and accurate, had no analogues that they were in constant demand among sailors for more than half a century.
More man names ☞