|Synonyms||Dawid, Dawud, Davide, Davud|
|Diminutive||Dave, Davey, Davie, Davy|
The name David is of Hebrew origin and translated from Hebrew means “beloved“, “favorite“. The name is spread throughout Europe. Among Muslims, King David is known and revered under the name Dāwud.
The man named David is balanced and confident in his capabilities, persistent, proud and somewhat pragmatic. He is characterized by a developed willpower and good nature, the ability to sympathize, these people know how to convince and always keep their word. David loves to travel, he is a physically strong man, which is why he strives for leadership in all areas of life.
David has a somewhat selfish character, he feels the need for praise. Envy and rancor, greed and resentment are alien to him. David does not like deceitful people, he is quick-tempered enough, but quick-witted. Throughout his life David is engaged in self-improvement, and successfully. This is a person who appreciates people with a sense of humor.
In his professional activity, David is looking for new impressions, travel and adventure, so he will make an excellent diplomat, warrior, traveler. These men can try themselves in geology, speleology, mountaineering, sports. Due to their inherent physical strength and endurance, they can become sculptors and jewelers. Monotonous and routine work does not suit them, it tires David. This person will definitely find a way in life and will be able to provide a good financial situation for his family. David will receive many career opportunities throughout his life. He can become a successful businessman.
David knows about women. David's first marriage usually ends in failure. The second marriage will bring long-awaited happiness to the owner of this name. David is an excellent host, knows how to skillfully cook. Family is the most important thing in his life. His wife should be a beautiful and attractive, intelligent and strong-willed woman who will help David in the implementation of his plans. It is the spouse who must give David confidence through praise and intimacy. David, born in summer, adores his children and has a kind, sympathetic disposition.
David loves to communicate very much, he always has many friends, because of whom this person often finds himself in unpleasant situations. This person is a little romantic, he is attracted by adventures and mysterious distances, he loves to talk about it with friends. If the conversation takes a business tint, the prudence and caution of the owner of the name David immediately appear. To maintain a good relationship with David, you should be guided by logic, and not try to reach out to his feelings. David's friends appreciate him for his good nature, balanced by developed willpower, which makes this person responsive and capable of compassion.
Famous people named David
- David Bowie (1847 - 2016, the real name is David Robert Jones) – an English rock singer and songwriter. Many people call him «the chameleon of rock music», because during all 50 years, while he was engaged in creativity, he changed his image and style of performance many times. Repeatedly his albums were included in the top five in the UK charts. In 2000, the weekly New Musical Express named him the most influential musician of the century. He also achieved recognition as a film actor, was awarded the Saturn Film Award.
- David Guetta (born in 1967, the real name is Pierre David Guetta) – a French DJ and producer. In 2011 and 2020, according to the results of the authoritative international DJ Magazine ranking, David Guetta became the number one DJ.
- David Lynch (born in 1946) – an American film director. Winner of the Golden Palm, Golden Lion and an honorary Oscar.
- David Beckham (born in 1975) – an English footballer and midfielder. Especially known for his high set and free kick skills. In 2011 he was named the highest paid football player in the world.
- David Tennant (born in 1971, the real name is David John McDonald) – a Scottish actor. He is best known for his role as the Tenth Doctor in the television series Doctor Who, the role of the demon Crowley in the miniseries Good Omens, the role of Barty Crouch Jr. in the movie Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and other roles. Of the theatrical works, Tennant is best known for Hamlet and Richard II.
- David Gilmour (born in 1946) – an English composer, guitarist, vocalist, one of the leaders of Pink Floyd. In addition to working with the band, Gilmore has served as a record producer for various artists and has had a successful solo career. Throughout his musical career, Gilmore is actively involved in the activities of many charities. In 2003, he was promoted to the rank of Commander of the Order of the British Empire for his service to music and charity. In 2009, British magazine Classic Rock included Gilmour in its list of the greatest guitarists in the world.
- David Garrett (born in 1980, the real name is David Christian Bongartz ) – a German violinist working in the musical direction, synthesizing classical music with jazz and rock, country and folklore.
- David Yurman – a founder of the eponymous jewelry brand that emerged in 1980 in New York. Creates masterpieces that best capture the laid-back American style and seeks inspiration in ancient European civilizations.
More man names ☞