|Diminutive||Dan, Dannie, Danny, Dany, Danne, Dani|
The name Daniel comes from the Bible and its literal meaning is “God is my judge” or “God is judge”. There are other less literal translations, such as “judge”, “fair man”, and “God’s judgement”.
The short forms of this name appeared and later became official names, among them Dan, Den, and Danny. For over 50 years the name Daniel has remained in the top 20 most popular American male names but it has never risen higher than the 5th position in this list. In England, though, this name became the leader among the male names in 1995, but it gradually loses its position and now it’s in the top 30 list of most popular names.
A man with the name Daniel is charming. People like him because he’s very sociable, cheerful, and always friendly. This man is emotional and sensitive, very tactful and tolerant with other people. He is an idealist to some extent and sometimes even a reformist, and surely, he enjoys when everyone around him is happy. His emotional life is highly important to him, and if Daniel feels disappointed, misunderstood, or unloved, he loses a great deal of his energy and maybe even his capabilities.
This man is rather curious and gets involved in everything he is interested in. That’s why intellectual and all-round development are typical for Daniel. He obtains knowledge in the areas that attract him and he has to do it himself.
Daniel often shows much abilities for vocalism. He may have a very beautiful voice with a wide range. This man knows how to play on words so he has a talent for relieving the tension of any situation without forceful intervention.
Despite being a flexible, adaptable, bright, and cunning man, he is a lovely person for most of the people around him. In childhood, such kids are admired because they know how to do what they want. Highly sensitive to his environment, Daniel can immediately feel any bad moods in the family and starts worrying about his inner harmony being disturbed like that. He tries to escape such things, preferring sport, art, and literary activities. On the other hand, positive home environment is all he really needs to participate in family life and perform his duties. You shouldn’t forget that Daniel’s easy to impress and has a changeable mood, so it’s a good idea to carefully control his actions and preferences without letting him float freely.
As for his love life, Daniel shows himself as a gentle and loving man for whom it’s important to have his own family. In fact, Daniel is rather self-sacrificing and fully loyal to his close ones. However, a man with this name is also an obsessed perfectionist, extremely demanding of his chosen one, and he’s no stranger to romantic concerns because a perfect woman is not easy to find! Daniel enjoys flirting, and he loves unexpected coincidences and meetings. He values beauty, art, comfort, and travelling – these are the elements of life required for his happiness.
Family is a very significant part of Daniel’s life, so it can seriously influence his career choice. He can also be tempted to pursue a career in marketing or a field related to speaking (journalism, radio broadcasting, travelling, hotel and restaurant business). Sport is one of the areas that Daniel can excel at.
Famous people named Daniel
- Daniel Craig (born in 1968) – an English actor, best known in the world for his role as 007 agent James Bond.
- Daniel Radcliffe (born in 1989) – an English actor known as the performer of the role of Harry Potter in a multi-year series of films of the same name based on the works of writer Joanne Rowling.
- Daniel Vavra (born in 1975) – a Czech game-designer and co-founder of Warhorse Studios. Best known as one of the creators of the computer games “Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven”, “Mafia II” and “Kingdom Come: Deliverance”.
- Daniel Sloss (born in 1990) – a Scottish comedian, actor and writer known for becoming a professional live and television performer as a teenager.
- Daniel Riccardo (born in 1989) – an Australian race car driver of “Formula 1”. He has been a Renault champion since 2019. Champion of the “British Formula Three Championship” 2009, twice bronze medalist of the “Formula One” championship.
- Daniel Cormier (born in 1979) – an American mixed martial artist, former member of the US freestyle wrestling team, participant in the 2004 and 2008 Olympic Games, former UFC light and heavyweight champion. Sherdog puts Cormier in first place light heavyweight and first place in the list of the best fighters, regardless of weight category.
- Daniel Johnston (1961 - 2019) – an American musician, singer-songwriter. Johnston was diagnosed with manic depression and schizophrenia, and this was a constant problem throughout his life.
- Daniel Day-Lewis (born in 1957) – the only actor in the history of the American Film Academy to have won the Academy Award three times for Best Actor.
- Daniel Defoe (1659 - 1731) – a famous English writer. He is considered one of the founders of the English novel, which he popularized as a genre. He is best known for his novel "Robinson Crusoe", although he wrote more than 500 books, brochures and magazines on various topics. He was also the founder of economic journalism.
- Daniel Domingo (born in 1978) – a German actor. Repeated winner of film awards.
- Daniel Anthony (born in 1987) – a English actor.
- Daniel Martinez (born in 1996) – a Colombian professional road racing cyclist.
- Daniel Garcia (born in 1981) – a Spanish actor, singer, participant of the “Eurovision Song Contest 2010”.
- Daniel Löble (born in 1973) – a German musician, plays the drum kit.
- Daniel Komen (born in 1976) – a Kenyan runner (middle and long distance running). Multiple winner of the world championships.
- Daniel Alomia Robles (1871 - 1942) – a Peruvian composer. He studied the music of the Indian tribes. He wrote the tune "El Condor pasa" recognized in his homeland as a national cultural heritage. Collected musical instruments, collected melodies throughout Latin America.
More man names ☞