|Diminutive||Charley, Charlie, Lottie , Tottie, Totty|
The name Charlotte is derived from the French male name Charles that originated from ancient Germanic Karl. The name Carolina is a form of the name Karl. In ancient Germanic “karl” meant “person”, “free man”, or “man”, later it acquired the meaning of “king” from the name of Charles the Great. The name Charlotte can be translated as “free”.
The name Charlotte is pronounced differently in different countries. In England a girl will be called Charlotte or Charlene (Sharleen) or Cheryl, in the Netherlands it’s Charlotte, while in other European countries girls are often called Carolina (Greece, Poland). In Italy, Portugal, and Spain the name will sound like Carla, Carlotta, or Carola.
Charlotte is convinced that she knows people around her, so she is sure about her leadership. Charlotte puts all her energy into making plans that will bring her luck and happiness and putting them into action.
Charlotte’s self-respect and self-fulfillment are ensured by achievements in such aspects of life as work, home life, and material security. However, there is a risk that she will be obsessed with material and home comfort. In this case, Charlotte may lose interest in femininity, self-development, and staying with the family. She will be thinking only about keeping hold of her steady job and income, moving up the career ladder, and becoming more powerful at work. Charlotte will do anything to achieve these goals. At the same time, she has a forgiving nature and is devoid of greed and envy.
Charlotte is rather creative, she doesn’t like monotonous physical work. As her future profession, Charlotte may choose to be an interior, landscape, or fashion designer. She can choose a job related to sewing, stitching, or knitting. Also, this girl can work as an assistant, secretary, manager, arts and crafts teacher, or handiwork course leader.
To achieve true mastership, Charlotte should be engaged with creative activities from childhood. She can achieve great success in this field if she is going to give art classes or take part in different contests.
A girl with this name is quite attractive and feminine. She is a good judge of men and she prefers stability. Charlotte is willing to achieve spiritual unity with her partner. This is what she values most of all because only by achieving it, Charlotte can show her true nature, become fully satisfied, and fulfil her dream about a stable and secure family.
A family with no spiritual understanding is of no value for Charlotte. For her, such relationships pale into insignificance. Charlotte’s future husband must be a soft and kind man who understands women. He will contribute his share to the household budget without trying to shoulder all the costs.
Famous people named Charlotte
- Charlotte Tilbury MBE (born in 1973) – an English makeup artist, founder of her brand of cosmetics and skin care products Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Ltd. He is also the editor of Vogue Contributing Beauty.
- Charlotte Lawrence (born in 2000) – an American singer, songwriter and model.
- Charlotte de Witte (born in 1992) – a Belgian DJ and producer. She previously performed music under the pseudonym Raving George. She is the founder of KNTXT.
- Charlotte Gainsbourg (born in 1971) – an English actress, singer and songwriter. Winner of the Cannes Film Festival Prize for Best Actress and two Cesar awards.
- Charlotte Awbery (born in 1989) – an English singer.
- Charlotte Olympia, the real name is Charlotte Olympia Dellal – an English shoe designer and founder of the Charlotte Olympia brand.
- Charlotte Rampling (born in 1946, the real name is Tessa Charlotte Rampling) – an English actress, holder of the Order of the British Empire (OBE), winner of many international and national awards. Nominee for an Oscar.
- Charlotte Coleman (1968 - 2001) – an English actress.
- Charlotte Riley (born in 1981) – an English actress.
- Charline Labonte (born in 1982) – a Canadian hockey player. Two-time Olympic champion, world champion in 2007. In 2009 she was recognized as the best goalkeeper of the World Cup.
- Charlaine Harris (born in 1951, the real name is Charlaine Harris Schulz) – an American writer, author of four successful detective book series, based on which the dramatic television series “True Blood” was created.
- Charlotte Ayanna (born in 1976, the real name is Charlotte Lopez) – an American actress.
More woman names ☞