|Synonyms||Aleksia, Alexis, Alexus, Aleksiya, Aleksy, Alexa, Alessia, Alesia|
|Diminutive||Lexi, Lexia, Lexie, Lexine, Lexus, Lexy|
The name Alexia comes from the Greek “alexo”, meaning “to protect”. In modern language, the name was also transformed into a shortened version – Alexa. In Russian, the derivative form of Aleksina, which was borrowed from the French language, is also used, although quite rarely.
The paired male name is Alexey. In Italy, a variant of the name is used – Alessia (Alesia). Short addresses Lesya, Alesya are also independent names.
The owner of the name Alexia is a reserved girl. He is often an introvert, likes to talk about philosophical topics, always asks himself a lot of questions. She knows how to analyze well, so she may be interested in exact sciences, the financial sphere. If Alexia does not use her intelligence to the full, it can depress her, bring her to melancholy and depression. One of the ways to avoid this can be her passion for sports, immersion in creativity.
In friendship, she sees a deep meaning, avoids superficial relationships. Alexia has an unusual character. With her shyness and emotionality, she is ill-prepared for life's difficulties. She avoids confrontations and withdraws into herself at the slightest pressure.
As a child, Alexia is emotionally very fragile, she is constantly looking for support in the family. Dreams and reflections often distract her, the tendency to ask herself questions begins to manifest itself in childhood. And she really needs answers to these questions. At school, this is a very diligent student, as if the girl was created for studying!
Sentimental Alexia is very difficult to realize her dream of an ideal marriage, so she may prefer solitude, which does not exclude the relationship as a whole.
It is not easy for her to realize her aspirations, it is difficult to adapt or accept the existing social orders. This leads to the fact that Alexia chooses her own path, can choose a highly specialized or avant-garde profession associated with the latest methods or research (for example, artificial intelligence, psychometry).
Famous people named Alexia
- Alexia Fast (born in 1992) – a Canadian actress.
- Alexia Giordano – a French actress.
- Alexia Putellas (born in 1994, the real name is Alexia Putellas Segura) – a Spanish footballer.
- Alexia (born in 1967, the real name is Alessia Aquilani) – an Italian pop singer. In 2003, she won the Sanremo Festival, three times she took the second place in this contest.
- Alexia (born in 1965) – Princess of Greece and Denmark.
- Alexia (born in 2005) – Princess of the Netherlands and Princess of Orange-Nassau.
- Alexia Bryn (1889 - 1983) – a Norwegian figure skater, winner of the silver medal at the 1920 Olympic Games. Ten times became the champion of Norway in pair skating.
- Alexia Runggaldier (born in 1971) – an Italian biathlete, winner of bronze at the 2017 World Championships in the individual race.
- Alexia Paganini (born in 2001) – a Swiss figure skater (single skater). She became a three-time champion of Switzerland in 2018-2020), represented her country at the 2018 Olympics.
- Alessia Cara (born in 1996, the real name is Alessia Caracciolo) – a Canadian soul singer, winner of various music awards. Received a Grammy for Best New Artist in 2018.
- Alessia Tornaghi (born in 2003) – an Italian figure skater. Twice champion of Italy (2019, 2020), participated in the European Championship.