There are several versions of the origin of the name Adrian. According to the first version, it’s a Latin male name derived from the name Hadrianus, which comes from a Roman Cognomen meaning “Adriatic” or “born near the Adriatic Sea”.
According to another version, the name Adrian is one of the forms of the name Andrew. Although, most probably they are different names as they can both be found in a Catholic calendar.
A man with the name Adrian has a strong personality. He is really altruistic and philanthropic. This man is highly sensitive and has a great power of intuition. He lives with the idea to make the world better than it is. He put all his efforts into his fight against injustice and help to the disadvantaged. It’s not always about direct actions, sometimes his fight is of informational nature.
Adrian is not afraid of difficulties. He is rather dependent and easily suggestible, and he is ready for self-sacrifice. His friends and relatives should remember about this if they want him to find his place in life and not to become someone’s puppet.
In childhood Adrian is a charming and lovely boy everyone tries to please. If there is any disagreement in the family, he takes it really hard. He’s sensitive and impressionable, he can become emotionally unstable due to serious stress and plenty of worries. As the time goes by, he will try to become more independent and his wish to be free can sometimes result in reckless behavior in his youth. With age Adrian becomes more earth-bound, careful, and closer to reality.
Adrian has high standards of beauty and perfection, he looks for ideal in everything. He’s interested in social and humanitarian activities, and if you don’t watch him closely, he may even become an adherent of a certain idea. He is ready to interact with other people with honesty and good faith that are typical for him. Adrian should steer this conviction and commitment to ideas to his work.
This man is also a perfectionist in his love life, and he will praise his loved one despite her blunders. Women sometimes take advantage of this weakness of Adrian, but his wife should never do this if she doesn’t want to lose his love and respect.
The most suitable professions for Adrian are the ones related to psychology, working with people (teacher, psychologist, sociologist, politician), or artistic professions (artist, musician). He is interested in religious and philosophical fields, in charity and liberal arts, where he can successfully show himself.
Famous people named Adrian
- Adrian Ghenie (born in 1977) – a modern Romanian artist.
- Adrian von Ziegler (born in 1989) – a Swiss composer from Zurich, popular on YouTube.
- Adrian Paul (born in 1959) – a British actor. Mostly known for his role as Duncan MacLeod in “Highlander: The Series”.
- Adriano Celentano (born in 1938) – an Italian actor and singer, considered one of the most successful performers in his homeland. Asteroid No. 6697, discovered in 1987, was named after him.
- Adrian Galad (born in 1970) – a Slovak astronomer. For 10 years he discovered more than 78 asteroids with his colleagues, but the discovery is attributed to him.
- Adrian Aucoin (born in 1973) – a Canadian hockey player.
- Andrian Fadeev (born in 1977) – a Russian choreographer, is a soloist at the Mariinsky Theatre.
- Adrian Dantley (born in 1955) – an American basketball player, played in the NBA. Now - coach.
- Adrian Boult (1889 - 1983) – an English conductor. He was the director of various world famous orchestras. In 1937 he was elevated to knighthood. He wrote books about conducting art and an autobiography. His correspondence with the largest musical figures of the era was published.
- Adrian Vandenberg (born in 1954) – a Dutch musician (guitarist and keyboard player). He has performed in the bands of “Teaser”, “Vandenberg”, “Whitesnake”, “Manic Eden”.
- Adriano Visconti (1915 - 1945) – an Italian pilot ace from the Second World War.
- Adrian Campos (born in 1960) – a Spanish race car driver, participated in “Formula-1”.
- Adrian Mannarino (born in 1988) – a French tennis player, winner in nine tournaments.
- Adrien Moreau (1843 - 1906) – a French painter, sculptor.
- Adrian Conan Doyle (1910 - 1970) – an English writer, is the son of Arthur Conan Doyle. Together with John Dickson Carr, he created sequel stories about Sherlock Holmes, where he participated in affairs mentioned in his father’s works, but not described by him - “The Exploits of Sherlock Holmes".
- Adrian Valles (born in 1986) – a Spanish race car driver.
- Adrian Smith (born in 1957) – an English rock guitarist, known for his participation in the band "Iron Maiden".
- Adrian Gunnell (born in 1972) – an English snooker player.
More man names ☞